Call for a free no obligation consultation

CALL: (503) 454-6610

Slide background

Wilsonville, Oregon DUI Lawyer

Being pulled over and arrested with a DUI can be very intimidating. What might seem hopeless in the event that you are charged doesn't have to end your social life or driving privileges. Also, just because you received a DUI doesn't mean that you're a bad person.

The Criminal Defense law firm of Rhett Bernstein employs former prosecutors, former law enforcement officers, and former forensic experts. Rhett Bernstein defends clients throughout the state of Oregon; including most Portland-area municipal courts, and the following cities in Washington County, Call (503) 454-6610 for a free initial case analysis.

Washington County

I was arrested for a DUI charge in Wilsonville, Oregon.
What happens now?
Everything you need to know about your DUI arrest

Not everyone who is cited for DUI in Wilsonville is arrested and booked into jail. If you were released with just a citation, don't think that your troubles are over. You will still need to appear in court to answer for your charges.

If you were booked into jail, you will most likely receive a release agreement that includes a first court appearance, called an arraignment, or your first appearance in front of a judge.

If you contact Wilsonville DUI lawyer Rhett Bernstein immediately, he may be able to cancel your arraignment hearing, already limiting the impact on your job and family. However, if you were booked on Felony DUI charges, you may be held until your court date or until you are able to post bail.

If you or your loved one is being held in the Washington County Jail for DUI, DUI lawyer Rhett Bernstein may be able to gain release from jail through a release hearing, but you must act quickly and retain DUI attorney Rhett Bernstein as soon as possible.

Regardless of how your DUI situation was handled by authorities, you will have a court date that you are compelled to attend. Otherwise, an arrest warrant will be issued and you will be re-arrested and held until you appear in court. This is why it is in your best interest to find competent legal counsel quickly.

Where do I go for my court appearance?

You will need to read the info on the paperwork that was given to you. Your citation will tell you which courthouse your case will be heard at. In most cases, your case will be heard at the Washington County Circuit Court, which is located at 145 NE 2nd Ave in Hillsboro. You are be responsible for understanding the time and locations of your court appearance, as well as showing up on time.

Washington County sentencing options

In most cases there are no sentencing options that are unique to Washington County. Washington County does not generally allow community service as part of the penalty phase of a DUI conviction. Most other area counties also do not offer these as options. Oregon is well known as a state that is tough on DUI offenders and will generally adhere to strict penalty options in an effort to deter offenders from recidivism.

It is important to note that while individual counties such as Washington County have the jurisdiction to hand down penalties based on the judge's own preference, DUII in the state of Oregon is a state crime and certain mandatory penalties do apply such as license suspension.

Call (503) 454-6610 for a Free, No-Obligation Case Evaluation

If you were recently arrested for driving drunk in Wilsonville or anywhere in Washington County, please contact us for a free initial case analysis with Rhett Bernstein, Wilsonville DUI Attorney. We will listen to your entire situation including what happened leading up to, during and after your arrest. We will give you our professional advice as to the likelihood of winning in court, and at the DMV hearing.

Legal Disclaimer: Nothing on this site shall be taken as legal advice. For advice on a legal matter, contact attorney Rhett Bernstein immediately for a free, confidential, no obligation consultation.

Criminal Defense attorney Rhett Bernstein is available to practice criminal law anywhere throughout the state of Oregon, including: Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties; as well as most municipal courts throughout the Portland Metro area.