Oregon DUI Attorney Rhett Bernstein
The Criminal Defense law firm of Rhett Bernstein employs former prosecutors, former law enforcement officers, and former forensic experts. Rhett Bernstein defends clients throughout the state of Oregon, including the following cities and counties:
Driving Under the Influence - Everything You Need to Know
DUI cases are very scary, but seldom hopeless. Police officers can often times make a mess of roadside investigations. Breathalyzers, Intoxilyzers, and blood testing are all susceptible to human error. Medical conditions can result in inaccurately high blood alcohol content (BAC). Quality DWI defense lawyers know how to capitalize on these issues to win cases.
Did You Know?
- A large number of interfering substances, medical conditions and equipment malfunctions can cause breathalyzers to generate inaccurately high readings.
- DUI blood testing is susceptible to error. When blood samples are retested at independent laboratories, they can often times yield different results, and sometimes find the original blood sample was contaminated.
- Police officers are required to follow a standardized set of procedures in DUI roadside investigations.
- Law Enforcement are required to follow Oregon law which states you are allowed access to a DUI attorney during a DWI interrogation.
- Police officers are required to follow Oregon law in using a breathalyzer or intoxilyzer during a DUI investigation.
- An interfering substance, medical condition, equipment malfunction, violation of the law, or violation of standardized procedures may allow you to successfully respond to a drunk-driving allegation.
DUI Attorney Rhett Bernstein is skilled at handling cases ranging from a first-time DWI charge, to clients with multiple prior misdemeanor drunk-driving convictions, to DUI charges resulting in injury, Felony DUI and Manslaughter.
Regardless of your prior criminal history or the severity of your charges, Rhett Bernstein has the tools to help your case. If it is a visit to the location of your charge; studying the training and background of the arresting officer; having blood samples re-analyzing; examining the maintenance history of the breathalyzer; or issuing a subpoena and cross-examining the arresting officers during your hearing, Rhett Bernstein will get the job done.
Call (503) 454-6610 for a Free, No Obligation Case Evaluation
If you were recently arrested for drunk driving, please contact us for a free initial case analysis with an Oregon DUI Lawyer. We will listen to everything that happened leading up to, during and after the arrest. We will give you our candid opinion as to the likelihood of prevailing in court, and at the DMV hearing.
Legal Disclaimer: Nothing on this site shall be taken as legal advice. For advice on a legal matter, contact attorney Rhett Bernstein immediately for a free, confidential, no obligation consultation.
Criminal Defense attorney Rhett Bernstein is available to practice criminal law anywhere throughout the state of Oregon, including: Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties; as well as most municipal courts throughout the Portland Metro area.